Colorado National Monument Association
HIRING RANGE: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits
OPENING DATE: July 19, 2012
FIRST REVIEW OF RESUMES: July 27, 2012
CLOSING DATE: August 6, 2012 or until filled
Responsible for ensuring that the association’s mission and vision are fulfilled through the effective management of CNMA operations and activities focused on the achievement of strategic goals established in conjunction with park management and the board of directors. Manage public relations and communications; Visitor Center store operations; membership and donations; budgeting, accounting, and reporting; and other related duties. Ensure operations comply with National Park Service (NPS) regulations and applicable director’s orders, state and federal laws, CNMA articles of incorporation and bylaws, and sound business practices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong people management skills. Ability to train, coach, and inspire employees to reach their full potential. Ability to delegate and follow up on assignments to ensure results are achieved.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good strategic thinking skills with the ability to see and communicate the big picture.
- Ability to interact professionally at all levels, including with NPS, CNMA staff, the board, outside suppliers, visitors, and volunteers. Effective conflict management skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in detailed activities to ensure work is completed and operations are covered.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information, including financial data, to make sound decisions. Ability to document and present analysis in a cohesive and compelling manner.
- Creativity, reliability, resourcefulness, integrity, trustworthiness, and a bias for action and results.
- Fundraising skills are highly desirable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, finance or a related field.
- Five years of professional and managerial experience in retail operations, communications/PR, or related, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
Primarily office environment with some local and regional travel; light work – exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently; physical ability to stand for sustained periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
40 + hours per week, includes weekends and some evenings
Preference will be given to candidates who submit a letter of interest, current résumé, salary requirements and the names and contact information of three professional references by 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 to:
Executive Director Search Committee Chair, Colorado National Monument Association
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Regular Mail (postmarked by the closing date) Colorado National Monument Association, 1750 Rimrock Drive, Fruita, Colorado 81521
A complete Colorado National Monument Association profile and Executive Director job description is available at www.coloradonma.org.
Upon selection for an in-person interview, applicants will complete a CNMA application and provide a copy of unofficial transcripts for verification.
For a complete job description click here.