Colorado National Monument, Colorado National Monument Association and the Grand Junction Commission on Arts & Culture hosted the juried art exhibit, Monumental Art, featuring artistic and photographic works inspired by the Colorado National Monument on January 10, 2014 at an opening reception. The exhibit continues at Grand Junction City Hall through March 28.
Winners were announced at the reception:
Best of Show: “Home in the Rock” Gayle Gerson (Mixed Media Collage)
1st Prize: “Wise Old Juniper” Sally Hall (Mixed Media)
2nd Prize: “Snow in the Monument” Steve Miller (Photography)
3rd Prize: “Red Splashed in Dappled Light” Robert Zeis III (Oil)
Thank you to CMU Intern Kelsey Burns for her work on the posters and the project. And a special thanks to the local businesses who donated prizes for the top artists: Gateway Canyons Resort, The Great Frame-Up, Wine Country Inn, Two Rivers Winery & Chateau, Powderhorn Ski Resort, and Loki.
- Gayle Gerson’s “Home in the Rock” Mixed Media Collage “Best of Show”
- To Vote for the People’s Choice Award follow the instructions below; voting is open until February 28.
- 1. Log in to your Facebook page
- 2. Search for Colorado National Monument Association page
3. Click the “Like” button to Like the page.
3. Click on Photos
4. Click Albums.
5. Click on the Monumental Art Exhibit Album.
6. Like each picture you want to vote for. 1 like = 1 vote; the picture with the most likes is the picture with the most votes. Voting runs through February 28.